The truth is, most people don’t really know how to be happy. Everyone wants happiness. They search for it, day in and day out. However, happiness seems to be something that eludes most of us, simply because, we are always searching for the perfect situation, instead of standing still, and looking at what we already have.
It is sad to me, that happiness is the first thing on most people’s minds, but the one thing we get lost in truly ever finding. I have put together a list of ten things to get happy about RIGHT NOW!
1. Accept what can’t be changed and change the things that can.
2. Let go of people who hold you down, who don’t believe in your dreams, who always have something negative to say. These people don’t get you anywhere, except to a very dark place.
3. Listen to your favorite song and rejoice that you are able to turn the volume up and hear all the words and feel the music to the bottom of your soul.
4. Stand right where you are and feel blessed that you are NO WHERE NEAR where you used to be.
5. Call up a friend or relative that you love just to hear a voice that reminds you, how awesome the people in your life are.
6. Smile at a stranger. It will most likely make their day and make yours because you had a hand in making someone else’s day better.
7. Do a anonymous act of kindness, whether it be a donation, community service or just helping out a friend. Being kind to others should always make you happy.
8. Write down every little thing that upsets you about yourself. Then rip it up and burn it. You are perfect, just the way you are.
9. Realize that you are your own worst enemy. No one thinks as bad of you as you do. So realize how awesome you are. Take your faults, disappointments and failures and trash them, get them out of your brain. Recognize that all these things make you who you are today.
10. Do one thing today that will take you on the path to something you have always dreamed about doing or being. That one little step will give you the confidence to go further tomorrow.
Written by: Debbie A. DeVita
August 8th 2012
Photo Credit[ http://forever-younggirls.tumblr.com]