There is a lot of negativity in the world. Some of it is important and worth considering, but most of it is not.As much as you can, focus your attention on life’s positive, empowering and inspiring aspects. Don’t completely ignore the negative factors, but don’t allow them to dominate your awareness either. Remind yourself to seek out and spend time in situations and endeavors where your efforts can bring positive value. Avoid wasting time fighting bitter fights that don’t really matter anyway. It can be easy to get distracted by the clashing noise of negativity. Usually, though, you have a better option. When you have a choice, choose to put yourself in situations where you can move life forward. Be where you can be inspired, encouraged, enthusiastic and effective. Live your moments in positive places, with positive people, doing things that make a positive difference. Your life is unique and precious, so choose as often as you can to live it in those positive places.
Positivity is the ultimate power in life. Its not money, things or people in life, its your attitude that really makes the strongest difference. Positivity brings you closer to your dreams, sets you on a course to true happiness and helps you release all the harmful things that constantly try to weight you down.
CHOOSE POSITIVITY always in life and realize that when you do, your mind will set you on the path to a great new beginning!
Written By: Debbie A. DeVita
October 31st 2011
“The people who want to stay in your life will always find a way.”It is a hard concept to conceive for a lot of us, especially those of us who have trouble dealing with being rejected and facing reality, but the truth is, when someone really cares they will find ways to show that they care. Some of us question the devotion of a loved one in our lives daily, because they don’t do the things that they know they need to do in order to stay in our lives, yet expect to be able to enter in and out of our lives when it is convenient for them. I am here today to tell you to take a stand to those people who treat you in this manner. It doesn’t make you hard to get along with, just because you’ve decided what is good for you and what isn’t. The time starts now for them to live by an ultimatum saying that if they want to be in your life they have to do the things necessary in order to stay in your life. Those who really love you, and who are really good for you will accept this and will make a concerted effort in order to remain in your life, while those who don’t will not make the efforts they need to in order to remain as a fixture in your life. If you don’t stand up for yourself now, then they will continue to run over you and take advantage of the love that you grant them, while if you force someone to do the things that they know they are supposed to do, you will be able to easily weed out the people who are no good for you, and keep the people around who will be a positive influences to you!
Written: Debbie A. DeVita
October 24, 2011
There are times when we must go through negative situations. Maybe people say something negative about us, or they show rejection or even resentment against us. In such situations, it may be difficult to stay positive. We may be inclined to react negatively to them. That won’t do us any good though; doing so will just make the situation worse. People may behave even more negatively to us. Our day would be filled with anger and disappointment. At the end, nobody wins. Though it’s not easy, it’s important to stay positive in negative situations. Beat the negative situations by staying positive always. Remember you are the only one who is in charge of how your day ends up. Listen to others, but don’t take their attitudes on to yourself. . Here are 15 tips on how to do it; pick the ones that work for you:1. Never respond when you are not calm. If you are not sure that you are calm, don’t respond. Take time to calm yourself down first.
2. Take a deep breath as a first step to calm yourself down.
3. Speak in gentle tone to reduce the tension of the situation.
4. Realize that you can find opportunities in negative situations. Albert Einstein said: “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.”
5. Look at the content of what people say to you for something positive that you can act upon to improve yourself. Don’t just reject the whole message. Maybe they aren’t intending on causing you harm or being negative, maybe you just see the situation wrong.
6. For the rest of the messages that are intended to be negative, ignore it. I know, sometimes easier said than done but you will thank me later for this advice. Simply IGNORE NEGATIVITY IN YOUR LIFE.
7. Maintain a positive view of the person. Maybe you don’t like their messages or behavior, but that doesn’t mean that you can hate them personally.
8. Realize that having negative feelings will just hurt you, not them.
9.If you make mistakes, be open to admit it.
10.If you make mistakes, remember this quote by George Bernard Shaw: “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”
11. If you can, listen to motivational audio program to feed positive thoughts into your mind.
12. Talk to a positive friend who can encourage you.
13. Remember your favorite quotes to give you inspiration and motivation. This is one reason why you should have a quote of the day. I personally love quotes because they work in all situations. When you are down, simply look up a quote that makes you feel better, brings your mood back around and gets you being positive again.
14. Look at the negative situations as your training sessions for real life. The higher you climb in life, the worse the negative situations would be, so you’d better be prepared for them.
15. Realize that you can’t please everyone. In fact, nobody can. Sometimes you need to just let some people go. Realizing this will relieve you from a lot of unnecessary burden so that you can focus on the people that you can positively interact with.
Finally, remember this. It is up to you how you react to every situation. People can treat you wrong, they can hurt you and abuse you. However, your reaction will determine if they get to do it again. YOU are the ultimate leader of your life. Lead well and you will get through all the negative vibes people throw at you.
Written by : Debbie A. DeVita
October 25, 2011
I have often heard of that crazy kind of love, the love that makes you need another person as much as you need air, food or water. I have never experienced this type of love. Don’t get me wrong I’ve been in love a few times before but never to the point where I needed that person more than my very breathe. To me it sounds like a fairy tale, it sounds like a fantasy. The idea that someone could love me that much, could give me their heart and soul and not want to ever be with anyone else, EVER. I mean, there are millions of people in the world, could I really full-fill someone’s every waking thought, every fantasy they’ve got? Its true I’ve loved before, its true I’ve been hurt, more times than I can safely count. At time, I swore I wouldn’t ever take that path again, but the thing that keeps me hoping, wishing, praying, is this…
To love someone unconditionally and be loved by them.
Written by: Debbie A. Devita
October 22, 2011